Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish…AND…
This week’s topic is: Eight Books I Enjoyed Recently That Weren’t My Typical Genre/Type of Book.
*All hyperlinked book titles will direct you to our review of them
- Boomerang by Noelle August – I normally don’t read NA so this was definitely something out of my comfort zone! BUT, I did enjoy it and hope to read more NA this year.
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown: I hardly hardly ever reach voluntarily for science fiction, BUT I have figured out that I tend to like them after reading them. And Red Rising in no exception! Great book!
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kauffman: Same situation with Red Rising, since I don’t pick up much science fiction but I also really enjoyed this one!
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh: Confession time! I don’t like reading retellings so much? THIS BOOK IS AN EXCEPTION. I was so so nervous going into this book because I’m from the Middle East and was worried how Renee would go about this book but I was not disappointed and it’s one of my favorite books ever now!
- NOS4A2 by Joe Hill – I rarely read horror because it’s just hard for me to get into but I read this because during my time in school I had to choose a book and write a research paper about a topic in the novel so I chose this because it was sitting on my shelf and I just said why not? I really really enjoyed it!
- Falling into Place by Amy Zhang – Im not a huge fan of contemporary or physics for that matter but this novel is so beautifully written and eye opening that I had no choice but to love it.
- Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines – Again with the contemporary, not my genre but since this dealt with more serious subjects I enjoyed it.
- White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout – Ive never read anything about gargoyles and don’t have a fascination for them but I surprisingly enjoyed this novel.