Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish…AND…
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Characters We Love That Everyone Hates/Hate that Everyone Loves!
Five I hate that everyone loves
- Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell– Really didn’t enjoy the book and absolutely did not enjoy the main character, I just thought she was immature and uninteresting. This is just my opinion and I know tons of people love this book.
- Mal from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo– I just don’t like him, Id rather the story just be about Alina and have no love interest.
- Dorian from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas– I’m a Chaol girl… that explains everything haha.
- Jude from Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken– LOVE LOVE Alex and her writing but Jude came off as dull too me.
- Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green– Just don’t care for him.
Five I love that everyone hates
- Clancy from The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken– I just love him more and more throughout the series. He does bad things but I can see the cry for help. I don’t know, I just love him.
- Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling– Just LOVE him, I have a thing for misunderstood bad boys haha.
- Chaol from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas– Half of the Throne of Glass fandom hates Chaol because they are a Dorian girl (Mariam…*cough cough*) but I am all for Chaol!
- Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas– He’s feared but I still like him because he is straight up.
- Bellatrix from the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling- Sooooo badass!
Four characters I hate that everyone loves:
- The Darkling from The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo– Okay, let’s get this straight. I DON’T HATE HIS PER SAY…I just don’t see the big deal about him..he annoys me, and scares me.
- Kestrel from The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski– This book in general pissed me OFF BEYOND BELIEF. She’s so annoying and irrational and was all say and no act. Her feelings were so stupid and uncalled for and she’s just really annoying.
- Princess Lia from The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson– Same as Kestrel, annoying female MC. Irrational. Part of love triangle, too easily swayed. Really annoying.
- Lara Jean from To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han– Such an annoying character. Her character read as if she was 12 and not an actual teenager. The main plot shouldn’t have been a plot to be honest, so stupid.