Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish…AND…
This week’s topic is: Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To (But TOTALLY plan to)!
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken: Yes. Go ahead and bark at me for not reading this. It’s sad actually, considering I’m a Bracken fan. BUT I *PROMISE* to get to it!
- Poisoned Blade by Kate Elliott: After enjoying Court of Fives so much, I don’t know why I haven’t picked this one up (even after getting an ARC of it!). Honestly, I’ll have to re-read the first novel then this one! Might as well wait till the trilogy is complete, right?
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover: I know a lot of readers out there don’t like Hoover’s stories BUT this one has an MC that’s in the medical field. That’s all I needed to hear to get sold. I just need to pick it up.
- Metaltown by Kristen Simmons: This book sounds like everything I’d love to read about. And it has a beautiful cover. So why haven’t I read it yet? WHY? WHY MARIAM? HUH?
- Gifted by H.A. Swain: This one has SUCH a cool synopsis and I’m not sure why I didn’t pick this up yet. But hopefully soon!
- A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet: I bought this bad boy when it was on sale as an e-book and since then I’ve heard nothing but AMAZING things. Fantasy + amazing romance? GIVE IT TO ME!!!
- Learning to Swear in America by Katie Kennedy: Funny story, I picked this one up after receiving an ARC of it, and just couldn’t get into it. I wanted to love it SO MUCH from the beginning, but didn’t so decided to put it down. Reallllly hoping I read this one in 2017.
- A Tragic Kind of Wonderful by Eric Lindstrom: After reading and enjoying Not If I See You First by Lindstrom, I knew I had to get this one. I received an ARC and still haven’t read it…haha.aha.ahahah.a.ahahhaha.aha.aha.a.ha. Stop it guys. I can see the shame in your eyes.
- The King Slayer by Virginia Boecker: Same issue as Court of Fives/Poisoned Blade. HOWEVER, this is a completed duology! SO I NEED TO READ THIS ASAP!!!!! I DON’T KNOW WHY I HAVEN’T YET!!!
- The Girl Who Fell by Shannon M. Parker: See above: LTSIA. This sounds like such a serious and intense read that I need to be in the mood for. And since beginning this and putting it down, I haven’t been. And it makes me very sad. But hopefully 2017 changes that!
Do you guys see any books I NEED TO BUMP in my TBR? Let me know and I’ll be sure to do so!