Hey everyone! So I love watching these videos on YouTube done by book bloggers, so I thought I’d carry that over to my blog and talk about some series I won’t be finishing! Disclaimer though…if you love these books, I AM SO HAPPY YOU DO! Not all these books were my favorites..
But without further ado, the series I won’t be finishing:
- The Winners Curse by Marie Rutkoski – This first book just irked me. Definitely not for me.
- The Pledge by Kimberly Derting – This was an okay first book to a trilogy. I’m not too invested and I’m not completely interested in continuing on and finishing this trilogy.
- The Program by Suzanne Young – Another book not for me. This book was just too depressing and didn’t like it too much.
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman – AMAZING first book. Really enjoyed Illuminae, but I had read an ARC and then Gemina released a year later and…time makes me lose interest.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – Loved ToG so much, and I still do! Read Crown of Midnight and really didn’t enjoy it. So…
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown – Really enjoyed this first book! Super interesting and awesome book. But…I just lost interest in reading the rest of the trilogy. I’d have to reread Red Rising and have the other books on hand to binge. But those books are dense (information wise).
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – Really didn’t like this one. I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about the sequel but…eh. I don’t want to reread ACOTAR just to read ACOMAF.
- Branded by Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki – I was actually rather surprised by this book! I did enjoy it to an extent, but I’m just not interested in continuing on with the series.
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu – Another book that wasn’t for me. I just didn’t dig it. *shrugs*
- An Ember In the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – This was an alright book! Probably 3.75. I just don’t see myself continuing on with it. Eh.
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor – This book is…very unique. I wasn’t fully invested so I don’t really want to continue on with this trilogy.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – Really did noooot like this book at all. I just…it makes me mad.
- Frozen by Melissa de la Cruz & Michael Johnston – I was actually pleasantly surprised with this novel! I really liked it! I didn’t have the sequel on hand though so I lost interest in it over the months…unfortunately so.
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – Black sheep with this one as well. The MC was not my favorite – or the guys. Eh.
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry: I read the first book in this companion-like series and I just thought it was an alright, nothing special to me. So eh, wasn’t too invested in the characters.
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – This book is weird, I don’t get the hype. OH WELL.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater – This series is for everyone except for me. I read TRB and got 1/3 way though TDT and couldn’t finish it. Wasn’t too invested.
- The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare – Bahaha. Such a long series. It’s odd though because I remember reading City of Bones and LOOOOOVING IT. Not sure what happened. Who knows! Clare keeps pushing out books, that’s all I do know.
Any of these books on your list as well? Let me know!