Hey everyone! Welcome to this stop of the First We Were IV blog tour hosted by the lovely Brittany from Brittany’s Book Rambles! First We Were IV is being published on July 25, 2017 (7/25/17) and it’s a YA thriller! There’s not enough thriller in YA, but with that being said, there’s a strong central theme of friendship in this novel and today I’ll be highlighting some of my favorite YA friendships in general!
So without further ado…here’s what First We Were IV is about:
First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy
Publication Date: July 25th, 2017
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
A group of friends start a secret society in this out-of-control thriller from the author of The Telling and The Creeping that examines the all-consuming love of lifelong friendship—and what someone is capable of when they’re afraid of losing it. Izzie loves nothing more than her three best friends, Viv, Graham, and Harry, and the bond the four of them share. And she’s terrified of their friendship falling apart next year when they go off to college. To bind them together, she decides to create that will belong only to them, a special thing that they’ll always share between the four of them. And so they dream up the Order of IV, a secret society devoted to mischief that rights wrongs and pays back debts. At first, it works like a charm—but when the Order of IV’s escapades get recognition beyond their wildest expectations, other people start wanting in. And soon, what started as a game of friendship is spiraling into something dangerous and beyond their control—and before it’s over, they’ll pay the ultimate sacrifice.
Disclaimer: All content directly from First We Were IV (such as quotes and excerpts) is taken directly from an advanced reader’s copy of the book. Therefore, it is not to be separately quoted from due to the fact that it is not in its final publication form.
Here are some of my favorite friendships in YA:
- Noteworthy by Riley Redgate: I just recently finished this book and it has to do with a girl that cross dresses to be a part of an all male acapella group and it’s just awesome. But anyways, the friendships that are formed in this book are great. It’s just another reason acapella is awesome. You get some amazing long lasting genuine friendships!
- The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas: This book also has something in common with the previously mentioned one…this book also has a female that acts as a male for the duration of the novel! That being said, some awesome friendships are formed and they honestly get put to the test and sheesh. I wish I had awesome friends like this in high school!
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: Okay. You all already know the friendship. LISSA AND ROSE. Ugh. You guys. The girls literally go through hell and back. Nothing better than two amazing girls kicking butt and being there for each other no matter what!
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: Uhm. OF COURSE. Ugh. I honestly don’t know what more to say. They’re amazing and I love them so much.
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken: The Black Betty crew gives me life. They are just so genuine and the realest characters. They’re probably my all time favorite crew. UGH.
- The Angel Experiment by James Patterson: Max and the crew truly were the beginning of it all for me. They care for each other on a completely different level and their friendship hits me in the feels every time I think about it!
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY BY CLICKING HERE
About the Author:
Alexandra Sirowy is the author of the young adult thrillers THE CREEPING, the Bram Stoker Award® Nominated THE TELLING, and the upcoming FIRST WE WERE IV. Alexandra attended a women’s college as an undergrad and received her graduate degree in International Studies. When she isn’t writing, she loves to travel, read, eat, and get into mischief. She lives with her husband in Northern California.