Hey everyone! So as you all may or may not know…
FLAME IN THE MIST by Renee Ahdieh released 2 days ago (on 5/16/17) and she was going to be having her launch party at McNally Jackson in New York City! If any of you guys know me, it’s that whenever she comes to visit the city, I will be there! Another great thing about her book tour for FLAME is that for every event, she’ll be having a guest author there with her! For the New York City stop, she had Sabaa Tahir! I mean, it’s pretty obvious that they’re best friend goals but IN REAL LIFE??? THEY ARE THE MOST PRECIOUS LADIES IN THE WORLD. You can tell how much they love and care for each other. And they’re each other’s #1 fans which hit me right in the feels y’all.
I ended up getting to the bookstore at 5 in the afternoon and the event started at 7 so I was able to just relax for a bit and catch up with a few friends before the event started! Eventually the time rolled around and both Renee and Sabaa came out and started the panel! Sabaa was asking Renee questions she had planned and it was so much fun!
A few things that were discussed were:
- Sabaa asked Renee about her love for cars. Renee said she was toying around with a novel idea dealing with cars. AND I AM LIVING FOR THIS. Renee has also NOT seen The Fate of the Furious movie yet! But that’s okay!
- Renee is currently reading Warcross by Marie Lu and LOVING it! They also discussed finding satisfaction in the pain of readers as they read their books. Sabaa is queen at this and so is Renee and every single darn author! As they edit their books and read other books, it’s a mix of being a writer and reader. Their reader side sympathizes with characters but the writer side is all like MWUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA for eternity. So…that’s who we let control our hearts. (I joke – I trust Renee with my heart because she gave me Khalid SO IT’S ALL GOOD.)
- Someone asked the question of how Sabaa & Renee write such amazing romances (and I concur, they are beautiful). They said it’s allllll about the build up. You can’t give them that happy ending right away. Something good happens, then a million bad things happen. Everything that goes wrong generally will before it’s a happy ending (if there is one…)
- Renee talked about how FLAME is reallly a feminist book. (The audience then proceeded to clap pretty darn loud). It’s also a book about relationships between twin siblings and the things you would do for them. And a bunch of other things. Renee was also saying how this book is different from her WRATH duology because this one is more about the NOW moment and is really action packed! Which was fun for her!
- Renee loveeeeeees writing about food and weapons. And we clearly all love reading about it so…she’s doing this writing thing right.
- One of the characters in FLAME is inspired by her sister and Hermione Granger!
- Renee’s mom is an actual sweetheart. She said her daughter is such a diligent person and super talented. AND I AGREE.
So, does this make you want to see Renee? Okay good, GO FORTH FRIENDS AND MEET RENEE! SHE’S GIVING OUT AMAZING SWAG!!!
If you’ve read FLAME, let me know what you thought of it! I’d looove to know!!
*Random note: I had Renee sign my ARC and HC of FLAME and the PB copy of The Rose and the Dagger 🙂